Frequently Asked Questions
Citizenship by investment is a process which allows foreign investors (as well as immediate families) to obtain a passport and legal citizenship by the means of a financial contribution, or a real estate purchase in the country of citizenship.
Guide consultants is an authorized agent that will give you all the necessary information required to have a hassle and surprise free experience. We can explain the entire application process and fees for all of the different programs available.
The price can differ based on the choice of the actual program you are applying for, as well as how many family members are included in the scheme. Other factors include whether you opt for the Real Estate investment option, or the citizenship by investment program (government fund). The cost for a single applicant application will start at US $100,000 and US $200,000 for a family of four. Those costs are specifically for Government fund programs (financial contribution).
Each Caribbean country has its own requirements to obtain citizenship by investment. All applicants are required to be at least 18 years of age, have a clean record (absolutely no criminal activity on record), Invest in one of the government-approved options, such as real estate, government bonds or a national economic fund, and they must also have the available funds (from a legal source) required to complete the transaction and all of the transaction fees.
The family members included in the same applications are as follows;
- Dependent children below 30 years old
- Dependent parents above the age of 55
- Dependent parent-in-law above the age of 55
- Dependent siblings below 30 years old (Only in Grenada)
Though there are numerous benefits of having a Caribbean passport. Some major benefits include;
- Protect yourself and family from your country's economic and political instability
- Travel the world freely without worrying about visas
- Preserve your wealth and expand your business and investment horizons
- Overcome government restrictions and limitations
- Leverage tax benefits and protect yourself from unforeseen misfortunes
As of right now, none of the Caribbean countries that allow citizenship by investment are imposing any taxation. That means capital gains, income (foreign or not), inheritance, or wealth are not taxed
Apart from Antigua & Barbuda (5 days requirement within five years of obtaining the citizenship), the Caribbean programs do not require visitation in any way, shape, or form.
Residency programs issue the residency within 3 months and after 5 years the applicant could potentially apply for citizenship if they have complied with all the requirements by law. There are certain citizenship programs which do not require the applicants to move away and they grant the citizenship and passport in approximately 3 to 4 months (depending on the program and the complexity of the profile of the applicant).
None of the countries that offer a fast-track second citizenship require investors to renounce their original nationality.
The processing time takes between 3 to 6 months based on these three main factors:
- The program of choice and its application process
- The due diligence process of the Government
- The complexity of the applicant's profile (how many countries they have resided in, current country of residence, source of funds, professional background)
Most passports have a 10 year-validity and are renewed after every 10 years. Grenada and Antigua are exceptions as these country's passports are valid for 5 years.